Benefits of Using a Licensed Electrician
Find out why you should hire a licesned electrician to install your EV charger
Installing a Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger
With the advancements in Electric Vehicle (EV) technology, there has been an increase in demand of upgrading to a level 2 charger. Level 2 chargers provide faster charging times, provide better health to your battery, and they are eligible for government rebates depending on your province.
Read more on the differences of level 1 vs level 2 chargers.
There are many reasons to hire a licensed electrician to install your level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) car charger:
- being compliant with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code
- assessment of associated requirements (outlet upgrade or panel upgrade)
- meet eligibility requirements for installation rebate in Ontario (when available)
- assistance in submitting rebate for purchase and installation of your charger
- mounting charger and associated components
- recommending appropriate and convenient location for your charger
- electrical work is dangerous and always best left to a Licensed Electrical Contractor with the expertise, equipment and training to do the job safely