The advancement in technology aims to make life easier and transportation cost-effective. If you are confused about which to choose between a hybrid vehicle or fully electric vehicle, there is a need to consider the strengths and weaknesses of both categories of vehicle based on certain criteria.
Either hybrid or fully electric vehicle, they have several benefits from incentives like the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program. However, there are other conditions to factor into the decision to buy either of the two classes of cars.
These vehicles are powered by internal combustion engine and electric (ICE) and electric. They can change the batteries that the electric components use during the process that the vehicles run on gasoline.
In some cases, the ICES are there to recharge the batteries that power the electric motors. The ICE drives the wheels directly in some other types of hybrid vehicles.
During higher speeds and higher load situation, the petrol engine powers the vehicle while the batter-electric powers the vehicle at low speeds and load situation.
Pros of Hybrid Vehicles
- It is fuel-efficient as separate parts of the vehicle can be powered by the two sources.
- It offers a grant compromise between usability, efficiency, and cost.
- There is lower running cost.
- It is mechanically simple meaning lower maintenance than the internal combustion engine.
Cons of Hybrid Vehicles
- There is no full electric mode.
- It is more complex than the ICEs.
Fully Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles have quite a lot of benefits over hybrid vehicles. The major benefit of electric vehicles is that they benefit the environment because they do not use fuel, therefore, they is no emission of dangerous chemicals. This is a good news as the world aims to reduce carbon emission and promote eco-friendly materials.
Mechanically, fully electric vehicles are not complex because they do not have several moving parts in their engines like the ICEs. They only have rotors since they are powered by electricity.
Pros of Electric Vehicles
- Electric vehicles are mechanically simple.
- They have almost silent operation
- There is no need for a tailpipe, since they do not emit carbon.
- Electricity is cheap and electric vehicles are more cost-efficient than hybrid vehicles in terms of running costs.
Cons of Electric Vehicles
- They are more expensive than hybrid vehicles
- There is a limited range.
- It takes a lot of charging time.
- Improper battery disposal could have hazardous environmental impact.
- There are not many charging station infrastructure in place now.
Considering your budget and other factors surrounding the convenient use of the two categories of vehicles.
About E Charge Solutions
We help EV owners maximize their driving experience through faster charging times.
Order and install your level 2 EV Charger with us and benefit from an Electric Vehicle Charger Incentive Program. We install condominium charging stations, industrial and commercial charging stations, and residential charging stations.